Tuesday, May 10, 2005

May 10th 2005




Finally, we are done with the bathroom remodel that was holding us up. Our taxes are finished, the electrical job is done, the bus tanks are no longer leaking, and we have an awesome door to the bathroom in our bus, thanks to a friend!

God's ways are not man's ways, and as hard as we tried to complete things by our deadlines, they've all seemed to fail. He has been testing our faith and trust in Him. It's been a long 1 1/2 months since we had planned to leave, but He had a better plan, and we are glad He gave us the grace to see it.

As we sat around discusing whether or not to drive straight through to Oklahoma, or to stop somewhere on the way, everybody had their own opinion, plan, desire... and it was obvious that we couldn't follow everyone's idea. We were again reminded that God is testing us. He wants to see if we really believe that He's in total control over every circumstance of our lives, and if we will rejoice and thank Him in whatever He has for us.

Here's a couple songs that kind of sum up where we're at right now:

"It may not be on the mountain height, Or o'er the stormy sea.
It may not be on the battle front my Lord will have need of me.
But if by a still small voice He calls to paths I do not know.
I'll answer dear Lord with my hand in Thine,
I'll go where You want me to go."

"My Jesus as Thou wilt, Oh may my will be Thine,
Into Thy hand of love I would my all resign.
Through sorrow or through joy
Conduct me as Thine own
And help me still to say,
My Lord, Thy will be done."

"Loving Shepherd of my soul,
Keep me safe, I love You so.
Lead me where the waters flow,
In Your rich green pastures.
Be my guide I'm in Your care,
Keep my feet from every snare.
I will follow anywhere You call me to go.
Thank You Lord, Thank You Lord,
I will thank You Lord. In Your will I'm content,
I'll not wish for more.
I will seek Your Kingdom first,
I will trust all that You do.
Thank You Lord, Thank You Lord.
I rejoice in You."

No comments: