Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Days...

It's a little hard to believe that summer is almost gone. The vacation is coming to an end and it's time to get back to work. I was just working on making a list of things I need to do before this next school year starts, it's going to be a busy year. I'm a little surprised by the fact that I'm totally looking forward to it. Who would've thought? I must admit though, I love Autumn and everything that comes with it.

But, before we jump into autumn...I'm still enjoying the end of my summer. :) August has been a blast so far. There was Justin and Becky's wedding --of course-- which may very well have been the best wedding I've ever attended. What I think was even cooler was the week before the wedding: it was so much fun spending time with friends working to get everything ready, playing, -because playing is fun and fun is good- visiting, preparing meals, dancing, sitting around, milking cows, watching movies, doing irrigation. It was just an all-around, really good time.

Kalebaughs + Dortignacs (More pictures are coming. I promise.)

We got home at 10:37am on Monday morning after driving all night long. [Correction: After Dad drove all night long.] There were 11 of us in our van which had only 12 seats in it at the time. Needless to say, our day was wasted. Some of us are still recovering. (i.e. sleeping in, taking several naps throughout the day...) But it was a peaceful trip home and I'm thankful for that.

Tuesday we got to work trying to be normal people again. Some of us didn't get that far very quickly, however we are slowly, yet surely, getting back into the routine of things. Yesterday we got the yard work done, mostly, and today we cleaned out the orange tree.



Anybody want some oranges??

Anyway, we still have a few weeks left of this summer and they're sure to be good. I'm looking forward to them, whatever they may bring. :)

"...forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 3:13b-14

2 comments:

Christy Hair said...

EEEE! Heidi is sooo big!!!! Miss you guys... :-(

Anonymous said...

We miss and love ya'll and are so happy for you (especially Justin and Becky).

Thanks for the pictures,
The Fialas